8) Scholarship for applicants from developing countries
(September Entry only)
1. ObjectiveThis scholarship reduces the financial burden on international students who excel academically to enhance their studies at Doshisha University.
2. Eligible applicants
- Applicants who wish to be admitted to The Institute for the Liberal Arts (ILA), Doshisha University as full-time degree-seeking students, who excel academically and who fulfill all of the following conditions are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- This scholarship will only be available to applicants who wish to enroll in the Fall Semester.
- Applicants must be a privately funded student.
- Applicants will hold a "Student" Visa.
- Applicants must reside in, and be nationals of, one of the countries classified by the OECD/DAC as "Least Developed Countries" or "Low Income Countries which are not LDCs" (please see the list below).
Eligible countries[Least Developed Countries]
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia
[Low Income Countries which are not LDCs]
D. P. R. Korea, Syrian Arab Republic
Countries are subject to change by the OECD/DAC.
3. Application fee waiverApplicants who fulfill the above conditions will be exempted from the application fee upon their request. When applying for the scholarship, please enclose the request form for the application fee waiver with your application. If you apply for the application fee waiver, you are not required to pay the application fee. Please note that you will not be reimbursed under any circumstances once the payment of application fee has been made.
4. Scholarship amount
- 85,000 yen per month.
- Full amount of university fees (including the Admission Fee, Tuition, Facilities Fee, Laboratory Fee, and other fee).
5. Number of recipients
- Two students maximum
6. Duration of the scholarship
- Two years
- Renewable for up to the standard number of years required for graduation.
- In principle, any period of absence is included in the duration of scholarship. However, this does not apply to military leave.
7. Notification DateThe notification of this scholarship will be enclosed with the letter of acceptance.
8. Application formsRequest Form for an Application Fee Waiver
The Doshisha University Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries
- Application must be made at the same time as the application for the Entrance Examination.
- Please do not forget to enclose the original two Forms.
- Application Forms must be sent by Post by deadline. We do not accept the Forms by e-mail.
For further details, please also refer to the Scholarships webpage